Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Feeling a little (well, a lot) blue this week, because some folks that I love very much are hurting.  Love isn’t just a feeling, you know.  It’s something you do, too.  Love is a verb.  So when we love someone, we rejoice with them over their blessings.  We also weep with them and try to help them carry their burdens.  That’s love.  It’s a good thing, the best thing.  My heart is sad, but that just means that the love is as it should be.

With that said, it seems a bit hard to count my blessings.  All the more reason to do so.  Here goes.

 

I have two tired yet excited big kids, worn out from a night at the tractor pull with their grandparents, aunts, and uncle.

I found a few daffodils pushing up out of the ground yesterday. 

My friend brought me two very wonderful boxes of “hand-me-down” school supplies that I can use in our home-school.

The weather is so beautiful that I have hung clothes out to dry this week!

The chickens are laying lots of big, beautiful eggs, keeping my mixing bowl quite full and our breakfast plates very satisfying.

 

What are you thankful for today?

 

~A little bonus for you…

Sam' 032 Sam' 034

The suds from my kitchen sink are such fun to play with, especially when we blow them off our hands up in the air for Sam to catch.

1 comment:

  1. I am incredibly jealous of your signs of spring :) Today is fairly mild for our recent weather (For that I am THANKFUL) we are finally above zero. I cannot wait to see grass and flowers again and walk without slipping on ice or wearing heavy boots.
    I posted my Thankful Thursday earlier today and just want to THANK YOU again for the inspiration!
    http://lotsoffunwithmyfamily.blogspot.com/2011/02/thankful-thursday.html

    ~Happy Thursday!~
    Tish

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. Comments make me so happy that I dance around the room! ;)