Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Weave Your Own Rug

I found the coolest project over at the Moda Bake Shop.  It’s a rug you make by weaving long pieces of fabric together and then tacking them down. It is finished with a non-slip rug backing and turns out just beautifully.  It looked like the perfect gift for my mom.

image

It also looked like too much fun to resist.  So, I picked up a jelly roll (long, pre-cut strips of lots of different kinds of fabric) from my favorite local fabric store. Oh, those ladies at Holly Hock are so nice.  I just love to shop there!

I made a few changes to the pattern to make it work for me. I think it turned out great!

mom's rug 159

The non-slip rug backing I used is actually the stuff you can use to line the shelves of your cabinets. It was the perfect size!

mom's rug 163 

I can’t wait to give this to my mom!  Hope she doesn’t see it here first. ;)

mom's rug 158

What a fun and easy project! It would be a great way to use up some fabric scraps, too!

Next up on my sewing table is a fabulous fabric purse that features grommets and lots of pockets inside. I can’t wait to start on it!

What are you creating right now?

I shared this post with some great friends over at…

Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden   image monogramThe Trendy Treehouseimage

5 comments:

  1. That does look like a fun project. Right now my creativity is going into packing boxes and kids school projects, that don't take long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cool uncreative Aunt Dianna would not mind you using your brillant creative mind to make one for her also.....she said to let u know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out so beautiful!!! Keep on inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, That is so cute. What a great idea.
    Thanks for sharing.
    margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gotta check out this tutorial. Thanks for sharing the link. Your rug looks great!!!
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. Comments make me so happy that I dance around the room! ;)