Friday, October 1, 2010

Motivated

I threw out my to-do list a few days ago.  It’s been great.  I’ve played outside with my kids, took nice warm baths before bed, read several magazines and talked on the phone with good friends.  There is still much work that must be done, even when I’m on “vacation.”  Letting go of the extra stuff has been such a relief, though.  I was beginning to feel so overwhelmed and depressed by my shortcomings.  Now, I feel refreshed and motivated to jump back in. 

I’m looking forward to my projects after this short break.  Somehow, cleaning up and sorting through the kids’ rooms doesn’t seem so intimidating today.  Washing windows seems almost achievable.  Painting the picnic table looks like a treat.  Cleaning out the van… Well, not so much.  Anyone know someone who enjoys detailing disgusting vehicles?  Maybe we could just trade it for a new one?  I think cleaning the van needs to be a family project.

Anyway, the vacation is over.  The littles are napping and I’m ready to jump back in and start marking a few things off the to-do list.  Now, where should I begin?

1 comment:

  1. While you are feeling so motivated...my house is calling anybody with a brrom and a arm to use it.... so come on over any time you get finished with yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. Comments make me so happy that I dance around the room! ;)