Friday, August 13, 2010

Rays of Sunshine

Life has been pretty cloudy around here this week.  I bet you know what I mean.  I make a very conscious effort to remain positive about being a mom.  There’s enough mom-negativity out there to go around already!  Still, some weeks are just plain hard. 

This week we are cleaning  up from a big birthday party, getting ready to start homeschooling and fighting off a mean tummy-bug.  My reserves are running low, the house is a mess, we’re all getting stir crazy and we are sick and tired of the “brat” diet!  No, motherhood isn’t always bouquets and sunshine.

Still, the clouds are parting and the blue skies are peeking through.  I’ve been through these difficult weeks enough to know that “this too shall pass.”  I know that with our return to health, my sweeties will be sweet again!  My house will eventually be clean enough to invite friends over.  We’ll be back to the park and play dates and church.  Someday, I’ll even make it out to my very neglected garden to pick tomatoes and peppers. 

In some ways, these tough weeks are good.  We cleared our schedule and spent whole days cuddling and watching cartoons.  Our pace has slowed, reminding me how great it is to have unplanned, agenda-free days.  We’ve read books and taken naps.  We’ve weathered the storm and came out stronger and wiser. 

Hope you are enjoying blue skies and sunshine today.  If you’re weathering a storm, take cover and hold on tight.  No storm lasts forever.

3 comments:

  1. Such lovely sentiments here. Isn't it wonderful when we're able to find that silver lining? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, no storm lasts forever. Everything runs its course and how we weather the storm is up to us. Thanks for the positive outlook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking up to my pity party! I needed to read this post today.
    xo,
    Mique

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. Comments make me so happy that I dance around the room! ;)