Saturday, July 10, 2010

Invitations

100_6860

A trip to my new favorite fabric store inspired some really cool party invitations this weekend.  They are adorable and almost too simple.  Here’s how.

100_6845

 

I started by printing the wording of the invitation on plain paper and using some fun scrapbooking scissors around the edges.

 

 

100_6847

 

Center the invite face down on a color printer.  Layer some really delicious fabric around the edges

 

 

100_6848

100_6851

 

I experimented with different sizes, and ended up reducing the final project to about 75%.  Too cute!

 

 

 

 

100_6855

 

Double stick tape or upside down packing tape works great for holding things down while you use a hot glue gun.  In this case, I used some buttons that were in a button jar found at a yard sale.  And yes, that ribbon was leftover from my wedding… 10 years ago!

 

100_6860

 

Roll up your invitations and slide the ribbon around them.  The final result is quite adorable and the process was so easy!  Mary will have so much fun handing these out to her friends, inviting them to her birthday brunch!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. Comments make me so happy that I dance around the room! ;)