Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lazy Housewife Laundry Detergent

I love mixing up my own laundry detergent.  It saves so much money and packaging.  I’ve been doing the liquid laundry detergent recipe for quite some time because I wash most clothes in cold water and worried that a powdered detergent wouldn’t work as well.

Still, I don’t always have a lot of time to melt soap and make the mess involved in liquid laundry soap.  So, I decided to try the powdered laundry detergent recipe.  Guess what.  It works!  It really works and even dissolves in cold water wash cycles.

Here’s how it works.

100_6509

Grate up 2 bars of Fels-Naptha laundry soap.  This is the hardest part.  Someday, I’m going to just buy 10 bars and use my Kitchen Aid grater attachment to do the work.  For 2 bars, my little grater worked fine.

100_6510

Add six cups each of Borax and Washing Soda.

100_6511

Mix it up and add about 2 Tablespoons to each wash load.

Almost too simple, isn’t it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. Comments make me so happy that I dance around the room! ;)