Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Simplicity?

I like simple things. A bonfire on a cool night. Wildflowers growing in a field. A walk at the park. Visiting with family, sipping sweet tea. Kids chasing fireflies. Walking in the woods, looking for mushrooms. I like simple. Less is more, don't you know.
Life isn't simple. Beautiful, messy, joyful and heartbreaking, but not simple. Balance. That's what life is. Balancing between the joys and pains, needs and wants. Balancing responsibility and love against heavy selfishness. Sometimes we fall.
My balance is a bit off this week. I have fallen so many times that I don't want to try again. I'm frustrated.
So tonight, I will sleep. Hopefully, my children will do the same. Tomorrow, I will get back on the tight-rope. The love and grace of God and my family will be my safety net.
Maybe, I'll even get the dishes done.
How do you balance? What is your "safety net?"

1 comment:

  1. I don't know that I do balance, but I try!! I thank God for the chance to start over with every morning and try again :)!! Thanks for this post I needed to hear that today ;).
    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. Comments make me so happy that I dance around the room! ;)