Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Homeschool Art

There is classical music playing in our basement, today. Paint, spilled out onto old container lids, being daubed with Q-tips onto an elaborate coloring sheet (found via Pinterest). The artist, would he feel honored by our study of his work?

I don't remember learning very much about great works of art or artists until high school. It amazes me to see my children enjoying this, this art appreciation. Quite a departure from our standard coloring sheets, they work and continue to glance back to my college art appreciation textbook. They focus. They remark on the details I don't expect them to notice. Painstakingly, they work.

This, is homeschooling.

 

3 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. Comments make me so happy that I dance around the room! ;)