Wednesday, September 12, 2012

An Unexpected Lesson

Some of our best homeschool lessons are the ones unplanned. The ones we find along the way, sparking interest.

Today was to be a lesson about trees. I had a plan...

But on our way to watch the workers who are fixing the road that runs near our house, the kids found something amazing!

It was burrowed down in one of my yucca plants, but you really couldn't miss it. It was huge, about the size of a half dollar. And it had so many babies crawling all over it, that you could only see it's eyes!

Have you guessed yet?








A lovely little momma, don't you think? She's a wolf spider?

This is such a cool thing to see! 

I think a trip to the library for books about spiders is in our future. I guess trees can wait until we get our fill.

Counting our homeschool blessings.




2 comments:

  1. First of all, you already know that I am glad to see you back in this space of yours. Second of all, I already gushed about this amazing photograph you took. Third of all, you are awesome. The End.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cool picture of mama spider. We see wolf spiders both small and very large frequently, but I have never seen a mama with her babies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. Comments make me so happy that I dance around the room! ;)